Our relationship approach delivers the lower middle-market a consistent, reliable lender with scale. Over $1.8 billion committed since inception with over 90% committed to companies with less than $15 million of EBITDA at close.
We are a direct lender
At elevation, the “tree line” marks a change of environment.
It is the point at which one must determine to ascend and assume risk or descend and take shelter.
We understand businesses are constantly required to calculate risk. It is critical for businesses to have a lending partner that they can rely on when uncertain conditions exist. Tree Line’s Principals are experienced direct lenders having navigated multiple economic cycles with borrowers. Operators, management teams and sponsors choose to work with us because they know they can count on us when it matters most.
- Founded in 2014
- 100% focus on lower middle-market
- Team has been direct lending since 2002
- Diversified institutional capital base
As a cycle-tested team of direct lenders we understand the needs of lower middle-market sponsors and borrowers. Our streamlined underwriting approach delivers direct access to our decision makers and a relationship they can rely upon.
We understand relationship lending.
Borrowers and sponsors are choosing Tree Line on a repeat basis for a reason.
BY THE NUMBERS
Assets under management
Agent or lead deal arranger
Repeat & referral deal flow
We’ve built a national footprint to deliver tailored financing solutions coast to coast.
Sponsor markets covered
We deliver flexible financing solutions tailored to meet a company’s needs.
- Listen to and understand the needs and goals of the financing
- Provide quick and reliable pricing and structuring feedback
- Term sheets delivered with certainty to close given upfront diligence and direct Investment Committee Involvement
- Partner with our borrowers and sponsors to complete business due diligence
- Design creative financing solutions to support post-close acquisition, earn-outs and other needs
- Finalize delayed draws, earn out financing and other custom features to support growth post-close
- Implement efficient documentation and funding process
- Deliver significant post-close support via ability to grow credit facilities to $100m+
- Maintain flexible approach as a non-bank lender
- Adapt to changing market conditions and provide thoughtful solutions in various lending climates
Our investment criteria is designed to be flexible and adaptive to market conditions.
Senior Secured Term Loan
Unitranche Term Loan